Subject: Questions regarding follow-up action on Road side Inspection
From: "Jens Maegaard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2025 12:01:06 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear colleagues

I hope all are doing well.

In Denmark, when we perform road side inspections, we sometimes find that
we are inspecting a vehicle that we have previously inspected. Here we
often see that the defects that we found during the previous inspection
have still not been corrected.

The Danish Road traffic authority would like to ask the following
question, as we are unsure how other Member States interpret this subject.

According to Articles 14 (2) and 18 of Directive 2014/47.

If, during a road side inspection of a vehicle registered in another
Member State, significant or dangerous defects are found during the
inspection, the competent authority must request, the competent authority
in the other Member State, to carry out an inspection of the vehicle.

Therefore, we would like to hear what your practice is on this subject:

When you receive information from another Member State that a vehicle
registered in your country has been checked in a road side inspection and
that significant or dangerous defects have been found.

*	How long does it take before the vehicle owner is informed?
*	What is the follow-up action from your side

I’m looking forward to receiving your feedback and preferably before 20th
February 2025

Best regards

Jens Maegaard
Motor Vehicle Inspector

Team Roadside inspection

Færdselsstyrelsen
Danish Road Traffic Authority
Sorsigvej 35
DK-6760 Ribe

dir.: + 45 4187 1782
tel.: + 45 7221 8899
 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
 <http://www.fstyr.dk/> www.fstyr.dk